Fostering My Beautiful Brain
The reasons people give up their compulsive behaviors and compulsive use of psychoactive drugs vary, but their reasons almost always include survival. This film explores the phases of recovery: detoxification, initial and long term abstinence and recovery.
- Understand the varying reasons that people give up their compulsive use of psychoactive drugs, but their reasons almost always include survival.
- Understand that sensory and emotional triggers cause craving and a subsequent relapse due to their effect on memories, and subsequently, the memories’ effects on feelings and actions.
- Understand that memories are retained as tiny bumps, known as dendritic spines.
- Learn the effects of chronic long term high use of Alcohol on the brain and body.
- Compare and contrast the two types of memories that effect relapse.