Your experiences are shaped by your thinking. Even obstacles have a value when you can see it. You can develop convictions that will help you to feel happier and achieve more, regardless of the situation. We can often feel like life is a series of challenges that we have no control over and it’s easy to find yourself treading water instead of making strides toward your goals.
Consider these empowering beliefs that you can start using today to transform your life by changing the way your view yourself and your capabilities. When these beliefs are spoken as a daily affirmation they give our subconscious minds permission to find ways to make these statements true and help us on our way toward achieving our goals.
- I understand my potential. You can achieve amazing results when you put your mind to it. Feel excited about reaching your true potential.
- I count my blessings. List each thing that you have to be grateful for. Remember to include the smaller items, like comfy jammies or a cup of tea. Expressing your appreciation reminds you of how rich you are.
- I learn from mistakes. You can make setbacks work for you by focusing on the lessons that they contain. If you have been around that mountain a few times – what can you do differently next time?
- I find meaning in adversity. Tough times can be the most rewarding phase of your life. Know that you can emerge from any challenge with greater wisdom and courage. Look back at the obstacles you’ve already overcome, and reassure yourself that you can handle what’s ahead.
- I embrace change. Accept that life is a series of changes. Focus on the present moment, and prepare yourself to adapt to whatever circumstances come your way.
- I dream big. Expand your wish list. Setting challenging but attainable goals gives you adventures to look forward to each day.
- I practice forgiveness. Lighten your load by clearing away any resentment you’re holding onto from the past. Set reasonable boundaries while you respond with compassion when others disappoint you. Pardon yourself too.
- I give generously. Sharing your blessings makes you more powerful and joyful. Volunteer in your community and speak kindly to each person you meet today. Buy coffee for your co-workers or give your receptionist a flower.
- I take responsibility. You are in charge of your life. Hold yourself accountable for the outcomes you create. Celebrate the fact that you have the power to determine your own future.
- I apply effort. Figure out your definition of success so you know what is worth working for. Give yourself credit when you’re making progress rather than comparing yourself to others.
- I leverage my strengths. You have your own individual strengths that you can draw on. Figure out what you’re good at and what you want to do. Let that knowledge guide your choices.
- I listen to feedback. Ask for feedback so you can enhance your performance and show others that you respect their point of view. You grow faster when you gather solid input that you can translate into action.
- I ask for help. Expand your capabilities by building a sturdy support network. Carpool with other parents. Divide up household chores with your spouse and children.
- I connect with others. Moral support counts too. Surround yourself with loving and encouraging people. Participate actively in your faith community. Join a club with members who share your interests.
- I recognize opportunities. Stay alert for promising openings. You may meet a new friend while you’re waiting for your turn at the salon, or gain a new client at a rotary meeting.
- I try new things. Be open to experimentation. Go kayaking one weekend instead of playing tennis. Bake your own bread or knit a scarf. You may discover hidden talents.
An upbeat attitude increases your happiness and productivity. Question your old assumptions so you can replace them with a new sense of certainty about yourself and your future. Adopt empowering beliefs that build up your confidence and prepare you for greater success. Start today. You’ll be glad you did!