To wrap up this series on Abundant Living and Personal Transformation I have a few more keys to an abundance mindset.
Over-deliver on your promises. This is a technique that helps you attract abundance into your life by giving more than is expected. When you give more to others (as opposed to taking more), you’re sending out energy that attracts good things back to you.
Consistently over-delivering on your promises suggests a mindset of excellence and abundance. When you generously give more than you promise, you make others happy. You also feel good about yourself, which strengthens your self-esteem and self-confidence. These are traits that you see in anyone who is successful. So by increasing these qualities and traits within yourself, you’re setting yourself up for success.
Incorporate the things you desire in life into your subconscious.
Your mind is like an iceberg, that is, the conscious part of your brain is the top 10% and the hidden 90% is your subconscious.
It’s also your subconscious that controls 90% of your actions and virtually all of your ideas and attitudes which affect everything else in your life. In essence, it’s the driving force behind who you are.
There are some ways we can re-inforce positive and desired messages in our own subconscious. The goal is to input the ideas and attitudes you desire into your mind on a continual basis so that gradually your mindset changes to what you want. These strategies allow you to mold yourself to your heart’s desire through your subconscious!
Follow these tips to make lasting changes to your subconscious so you can attract your desires:
- Positive self-talk. Your mind engages itself in a conversation – or rather monologue – the entire time you’re awake. Since you spend all day talking to yourself, why not tell yourself things you want to hear? Keep it positive and good benefits will follow!
- Congratulate yourself on every success, no matter how small. Each success is a victory and leads you toward your goals. Take every opportunity to celebrate and build your confidence!
- When you make a mistake, ask yourself how this helps you. What can you learn or gain from this error? Mistakes are just part of the process in getting where you want to go.
- Avoid beating yourself up about anything! This negative self-talk ruins your confidence and breeds discontent and failure. If you hear something negative, stop it in its tracks and turn it into something positive.
✴ Use your self-talk to encourage yourself to act in ways that are in accordance – and not contrary to – your goals.
- Affirmations. Affirmations are a form of positive self-talk that affirms the traits in you that you desire. You can replace your negative mindset with positive thoughts and images that guide you toward your goals.
- Remember the 3 Ps: Affirmations should be personal, present tense, and positive. Personal means to use the words “I”, “me”, and “my”. Write them in the present tense as if this is a trait you already possess. And, of course, you want them to be positive statements.
- Use them every single day. Say your affirmations every morning, every night, and whenever you feel the urge to boost your attitude.
- ✴ Here are some examples of affirmations:
- ‣ I take advantage of opportunities that present themselves with swift action.
- ‣ I enjoy meeting new people.
- ‣ I am open to new ideas that can help me reach my goals.
- ‣ I take time to plan my actions and then follow my plan.
- ‣ I make healthy choices about the foods I eat.
- ‣ I enjoy exercising because it makes me look good and feel better.
- Prayer and meditation. Take the time to pray and meditate and visualize actually living the life of your dreams. Experience it with all your senses and it will manifest. This kind of spiritual self-reflection will help transform your mindset to be in accordance with your visualization.