SHE RECOVERS COACH DESIGNATION:
SHE RECOVERS Coaching Philosophy
We are committed to growing the SHE RECOVERS Foundation (SRF) community so that more women in or seeking recovery from addiction and mental health issues can find hope, healing and connection in their lives. Our growth strategy is to collaborate with IAPRC to train women and non-binary individuals who identify with women’s communities as professional recovery coaches.
The 12.5 Hour SHE RECOVERS Coach Designation (SRCD) module invites newly trained IAPRC coaches to learn and adopt the SHE RECOVERS philosophy in a way that will be meaningful for them in their lives and in their coaching practice, while adhering closely to the foundational intentions and guiding principles of SHE RECOVERS. In addition – SRCD coach students receive practical instruction and support to get started on setting up their recovery coach practices. As soon as you complete their training as a SRCD graduate you will be invited to join the SHE RECOVERS Coach Collaborative where you will be encouraged to practice and lead from within the global community of over individuals who are already attracted to the SHE RECOVERS movement and approach to recovery.
In the SHE RECOVERS Coach Designation module you will learn:
- Learn about the many different pathways into and through recovery
- Identify the difference between coaching, therapy and sponsorship/mentorship
- Discover ways to guide women to design personalized pathways and patchworks of recovery
- Explore holistic approaches to supporting women in recovery (body, mind and spirit)
- Learn the importance of taking a strengths-based (not deficit based) approach with your clients
- Navigate how to think through and decide who your ideal clients will be
- Understand how to use social media as an engagement tool to build and grow your practice
- Recognize how you can play an integral part in the SHE RECOVERS movement as it expands in communities across North America and beyond
- Participate in trauma-informed and inclusive trainings to better support identity-based populations and a myriad of life experiences
- Receive SHE RECOVERS tools and resources to confidently promote yourself as a SHE RECOVERS Coach and advocate in your community
 New SRCD coaches are not authorized to advertise their events as SHE RECOVERS events – but as members of the SRCD Coach Collaborative, and upon successful approval of their events by SHE RECOVERS, SRCD coaches can request that their coaching events be promoted to the broader SHE RECOVERS community.
Neuroscience of Joyful Recovery
Roots of Addiction: Learn how people use psychoactive drugs and behaviors to change their mood and to alter their state of consciousness. Learn about the brain’s chemical processes and ways to overcome craving. READ MORE
Alcohol Effects: Learn about the physiology of Absorption, Distribution, and Metabolism of Alcohol and the concept of Blood Alcohol Level. Understand the role of tolerance and withdrawal in the development of alcoholism. READ MORE
Professional Recovery Coach Competencies Part 1
Professional Recovery Coach Competencies Part 2
Learn tools for eliciting client motivation and helping clients to correct discrepancies in their thinking and beliefs. These modules also cover special issues in working with families as well as ethical issues that are commonly addressed in Professional Recovery Coaching. READ MORE
PRC Live Skills Practice (Online)
Based on Professional Recovery Coach Competencies Part 1 & 2, you will practice your new Coaching skills in a dynamic interactive online platform under the direction of a Master Professional Recovery Coach. You will develop your Coaching Confidence in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere as you and your fellow students put your knowledge, tools and templates into practice. READ MORE