Professional Recovery Coaching (PRC) provides the Positive Answer to 1) Preventing the Losses of Substance Abuse ahead of time, and 2) Enhancing the Experience of Recovery for people on their journey to wellness. Professional Recovery Coaches help people reconnect to their own inner capacity, resilience and sense of wellbeing.
You can get started today and build a foundational base of knowledge to hone your skills as a Professional Coach Specializing in Addiction Recovery.
Receive 100 CEUs from the the IAPRC and NAADAC upon completion of the Self-Paced Online Program.
Enroll in our Self-Paced Online Program and gain access to engaging and easy to follow Videos, Study Guides, Self-Discovery Worksheets to use with clients, and Certificates of Completion for each course. Upon successful completion of all requirements you will earn 2 important credentials:
- Certified Professional Recovery Coach (CPRC)
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC)
PROFESSIONAL COACH TRAINING:
Life Coaching Essentials Certification Program
Life Coaching is about Healthy Change and helping people to envision and achieve the life they desire. Coaching is focused on the future and moving from the present situation to a desired future grounded in purpose and meaning.
Coaches are NOT therapists or counselors who diagnose emotional problems. Coaching is based on the belief that people are creative, resourceful, resilient and able to make authentic choices about their lives. Coaches provide a trustworthy partnership; how do they do this….? They create a safe space, become genuinely curious, use powerful questions, listen deeply, reflect back what they hear.
Coaches expand awareness to help their clients explore choices and results based on new insight and perspectives. Coaches provide structure and accountability to help their clients clarify and build on their own internal motivations for positive life change, and celebrate successes!
Our Life Coaching Essentials Program is based in Positive Psychology with a focus on our strengths, on our future, on our possibilities, on meaning, and challenging false assumptions. Our training and certification will give you the know- how and the confidence you need to provide excellent Professional Coaching to your clients.
Life Coaching Essentials incorporates the Core Competencies of the International Coach Federations (ICF). You will learn to:
- Guide people through a Dynamic Coaching Process from start to finish.
- Set the Foundation for Coaching Relationships using a formal Coaching Agreement.
- Understand and Apply Ethical Practices and Standards.
- Co-create a Meaningful Coaching Relationship built on Trust and Respect.
- Develop your own Personal Coaching Presence and Style.
- Communicate effectively through Deep Listening and Powerful Questions.
- Create Awareness and Deepen Insight to help clients Clarify their Purpose.
- Facilitate Results by Assisting Clients to design goals, plans and actions.
- Provide Meaningful Accountability in the context of Celebrating Success.
- Launch Your Own Coaching Practice using Winning Strategies to Fit Your Style.
In Neuroscience of Joyful Recovery: The Power of a Joyful Connection, you will learn:
- How to establish deep and lasting rapport with your clients
- The effects of addiction on the neuroscience of the brain
- A language in relation to defining joy and defining shame so your clients better understand their choices
- The connection between addiction and trauma
- To help your clients identify triggers and cravings that lead to relapse
- Quieting exercises you can use with your clients
- A structure and checklist to work with your clients in the most effective way
NEUROSCIENCE OF JOYFUL RECOVERY:
The power of a Joyful Connection
Recent advances in neuroscience are demonstrating the relational nature of the brain, and the essential role that joy plays in healthy development of the infant and adult brain. These advances describe the effects of addiction on the brain as well as the foundational role that joy plays in recovery.
The experience of joy in the context of relationships powerfully shapes the ways in which the brain is organized and structured. Joy provides the foundation the brain needs to learn how to regulate emotions, pain, pleasure and essential neurotransmitters effectively. Joy is also needed for the brain to develop secure attachments with others throughout life. Joy is the foundation for healthy relationships, emotional regulation and prevention.
PROFESSIONAL RECOVERY COACH COMPETENCIES:
Tools & Techniques for Positive Change
Part 1 & Part 2
Professional Recovery Coaching is based on results. It empowers people to start their sober life on a solid footing. It energizes people in long term recovery from addiction or codependency to discover new levels of satisfaction and purpose in life.
Professional Recovery Coaching is rapidly becoming the norm in today’s treatment continuum and is to the twenty-first century what counseling was to the twentieth century.
This Course covers the overall dynamics of Professional Recovery Coaching as a Strengths-Based System for changing addictive behavior. It defines the field and provides instruction on how to coach using the Whole Life Recovery concept. It provides strategies on how to establish the coaching relationship and what Core Competencies are required for a Professional Recovery Coach.
In Professional Recovery Coach Competencies you will learn:
- The skills and competencies of an effective Professional Recovery Coach
- The components and delivery style of Strengths-Based Professional Recovery Coaching
- The most prevalent barriers to recovery
- How to engage clients from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- To apply Stages of Change principles and Motivational Interviewing techniques
- Solution-focused questioning along with effective feedback and probing
- Professional Boundaries, Ethical and Legal Issues
- How to work with families of addicted persons