International Association of Professional Recovery Coaches CODE OF ETHICS
All IAPRC Certified Professional Coaches (CPC / CPRC) must adhere to the following Professional Code of Ethics:
As a Certified Professional Coach, I will administer my duties and responsibilities to my clients according to a Code of Professional Ethics. Specifically, I will:
- Practice professional standards of conduct in all my coaching relationships including using a signed agreement with clients that defines the financial obligations and responsibilities of each party.
- Not represent myself as a counselor or therapist but will make appropriate referrals to such services as needed, acknowledging that Professional Coaching is an interactive non-clinical service designed to A) support client aspirations, and B) complement clinical fields such as behavioral health, addiction, and healthcare.
- Guard all client information as confidential.
- Treat all clients with the utmost dignity, respect, and positive regard, viewing them as creative, resourceful and able to make authentic choices about their lives.
- Respect cultural, ethnic, racial, national origin, religion, disability, language, and socioeconomic differences as well as those of age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and race, by taking into account these differences and by eliminating bias based on them.
- Not condone or participate in activities based upon prejudices against any group.
- Be fully aware and respectful of my client’s best interests during all coaching sessions and between sessions.
- Expect success from my clients no matter what their starting point or history.
- Safeguard the coaching relationship to ensure the client receives the highest quality services possible.
- Coach my clients in a safe and nurturing environment where they do not fear judgement, criticism, or failure regardless of the context: individual or group sessions, live in person, live via video or audio conferencing, via telehealth platforms, on chat or any social media.
- Partner with my clients to design and achieve their desired future by setting goals that are followed by appropriate actions, including celebrating success.
- Utilize all of my professional skill and experience to serve every client I coach.
Non-Discrimination Policy Information
In accordance with all applicable State and Federal laws, it is the policy and commitment of NET Training Institute and the International Association of Professional Recovery Coaches (IAPRC) that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or religion.
GET IN TOUCH
NET Training Institute
4767 New Broad St
Orlando, FL 32814 USA
T: +1.407.446.3740 | 1.800.485.5802