Dr. Joe Vitale, motivational speaker and author, has said many times, “The fastest way to get where you want to be is to be happy with where you are.” This is so true!
The more “good vibrations” you send out, the more good things you attract back to you to be happy about. One of the best ways to be sending out good vibrations consistently is to live in the moment. What does this mean? It means that you remain in the now. You treat each moment as the precious thing that it is and enjoy it to its fullest. You immerse yourself fully in the moment.
Living in the moment can:
- Reduce stress
- Relieve worry about the future
- Eliminate anguish about the past
- Enable you to brush away distractions and focus on your task at hand
- Bring more passion to your relationships
- Allow to you leap toward achieving your goals faster than you ever thought possible
- Let you enjoy the peace, happiness, and contentment of a fulfilling life
Here are some things that can help you live in the moment:
- Enjoy the simple things in life. Take time to notice what’s around you. Take time to enjoy the people in your life.
- Of course you make plans for the future, and lay out goals, but never get so caught up in pursuing your goals that you cease to enjoy the present. Your life is your journey. Enjoy what you’ve got when you’ve got it. Otherwise, you might wake up some day and realize that you missed living altogether.
- When you make a mistake, learn something from that moment and move on. Look for the silver lining. Practice finding the good, even when things don’t go as expected. Many times, you can even get something better than you had planned, if you just open your mind to the possibilities that there is something good to be discovered.
- Eliminate time spent waiting. Avoid just sitting around and waiting for things to happen to you. Take advantage of your time by making it productive. Use it to listen to motivational audio books, share delightful insights with the people next to you, plan your day, or read something that educates, inspires, or relaxes you.
There’s a Zimbabwe proverb that says, “If you can walk, you can dance. If you can talk, you can sing.” Like the proverb, living in the moment lets you live with excitement instead of mediocrity. Living in the moment takes some practice, but the more you do it, the easier it gets. Practice and soon it will become a habit that changes your mindset and helps you live a life full of passion, joy, and happiness.
Conscious living, just like living in the moment, involves being aware of what’s around you and choosing to make the most of what you’ve got, but it takes things a step further. Conscious living brings in the added factor of making certain choices that can bring you the life you desire.
Conscious living is living on purpose. You choose how you want to live your life and then live that way.
Steps to Conscious Living:
- Set priorities in your life. Decide what’s most important to you and live according to these priorities. What might be more important – eating take out while watching TV for a couple hours or having a sit down dinner with your spouse to share about your day? You decide. Maybe there is the occasional day you need to loaf, but if your marriage is a priority, you will make room for that in your life.
- Choose to have an optimistic attitude. As we’ve already seen, this conscious living choice can have an enormous impact on your life.
- Simplify your lifestyle. Put the things into your life that you want there, according to your priorities, and eliminate the things that merely serve to clutter it up and cause confusion and stress. Life is complicated enough! Why complicate it further with things you don’t even want? A hectic lifestyle can be a major cause of distractions and stress.
- Live according to your principles. Remember, when you live consciously, you’re choosing your life. Let your principles guide you in making your priorities and decisions. Above all, get clear on your values, standards, and principles so you can be true to yourself.
Living consciously gives you a chance to start demonstrating the life you desire. You may not have as much money as you’d like, or you might want to lose some weight, or you may be seeking your soul mate, but following these strategies puts everything in motion.
With conscious living, your thought processes are emitting energy harmonious with attracting what you want and your actions are in accordance with them. Rather than spending your time focusing on your lack, you spend your time and energies choosing your life and living it to the fullest, thus attracting more good things in return.