Gratitude plays a big part in living the life you dream of. Feeling thankful for your blessings attracts more things for you to be thankful for! Even if what you’ve got isn’t much, it can be increased a hundred fold by being thankful for it.
When you show your gratitude to others for something they’ve done for you, it creates good feelings about doing good to you. Gratitude strengthens the bonds of friendship and increases the loyalty of business associates.
Here’s some food for thought: If you can’t feel gratitude for what you’ve got now, will you ever feel it, or will you just want more?
Follow these tips to show your gratitude on a daily basis and reap the benefits:
- Tell others when they make you happy. The need to feel appreciated is one of our basic human needs. Fulfill that need and share the love! A simple “Thank you” can make their day.
- Your parents and children love to know when they’ve made you happy. Make it a habit to thank them often.
- Letting your spouse know how much you appreciate them and all they do will strengthen your relationship. It can also start a cycle of you both doing nice things for each other because you know how much the other one appreciates it!
- Your friends also like to know that they bring value to your life. Every so often, do something special to show your gratitude.
- Co-workers, business associates, and clients also like to know they’re appreciated. When they do something for you, be sure to say “Thank you” and let them know how much it means to you. Offer to reciprocate by helping them when they need it, too.
- Remember to thank the clerk at the bank, the customer service rep who went out of their way to solve your problem, or the store employee who helped you find what you were looking for.
✴ The more you make it a point to thank those who make your life better, the more you find to be thankful for. After all, you don’t want to be taking things for granted!
- Keep a gratitude journal. At the end of each day, reflect on all that is good and write it down in your journal. Reading about all the things you’re thankful for can also lift your spirits and motivate you.
- Nothing’s too small to be thankful for. When you wake, give thanks for the day ahead and all its wonderful possibilities. Before you fall asleep at night, give thanks for the day you just had.
Feeling gratitude every day keeps the good things coming. If you find a dollar on the ground, be grateful for the gift. Even if you desire greater wealth, be thankful for the paycheck you just got.
Gratitude helps you feel fulfilled with your life and it sends out energy with those good vibrations!